Saturday 20 August 2022

Vancouver - Day 2

There are a few lovely parks in Vancouver,  so we decided to visit one. Stanley Park, which is at a point right on the edge of the water.

When I say park,  I'm not referring to a beautiful,  leafy and lawned space with flower beds and play spaces (though there probably are some play spaces). I'm talking forests and open land. A mega park of13km circumference with two lakes in the middle.

There is also a decent amount of wildlife.. 

Apparently. Me n NN2 had a conversation about them stealing children,  until we realised that's dingos. 
I have a fascination with the beautiful,  black squirrels of Canada and - if you peer into the V of this tree -  you will see the end of the tail of such a specimen.. 
Canada Geese in Canada. 
Beautiful beaches -  on this one we saw a seal. 

Beaver Lake. No beavers seen. 
Just water lilies. 
The Lumberman's Arch. I felt a little bereft that neither of us were appropriately attired in lumbermen's shirts,  but what can you do? 
ironically there is even wildlife on the signs..see the caterpillars crawling across the top. 
An interestingly graphic picture of how to collect your dog's poo. I was sorry I didn't have one to try it. 
OK..so let me explain this. Not sure you can see the 20 degree angle and general stony aspect, narrowness and rocky gully at the bottom of this WHEELCHAIR ACCESS TRACK. 
A bench to Elsie,  who cane all the way from Newcastle Upon Tyne and settled here. She was born during 1900, which made me wonder if she moved because of a war (work,  soldier,  to get away) or for another reason. 

And then we went shopping. Canadian shopping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment