Saturday 28 July 2018

It's up to you. New (kick) York (kick) New da da da dada

Packed up and left the flat this morning. Took our final trip on the Staten Island ferry, turtle like, with back packs.

Did something we'd never done before - went to Macdonalds for coffee. $1.60 bargain.

Met up with friends of dad of NN1, had lunch. Asked our server to take a photograph.
Asked our server to take another photograph.
Spent a fair bit of the day just milling about, had back packs and didn't really want to lug them far.
Treated ourselves to a coffee, I had a chocolate mocha latte, after two tries he asks.. 'can I just have a little bit more?' Drinks half of it.

We decided to take a bus...yes, a bus... To Canada. Its an overnight thing. Lucky we did as flights were cancelled due to a huge storm across NY. View from the bus:
On the bus NN1 offers me some dental floss. I decline.' C'mon,' he encourages me, 'it's like a midnight snack.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment