Sunday 24 August 2014

It's raining, it's pouring, Demps is still snoring..

7.38am. For the first time when I wake it's absolutely pouring down. Honestly, we've been lucky but today may see a turn. Plus it's mountain day...already my thighs are groaning in anticipation.

Yesterday morning was a slow burner. I did my usual early up, shower, dress. Demps was asleep so I went to breakfast and left him a note.

Got a paper and enjoyed a leisurely hour over breakfast. By the time he'd got up, eaten, showered, we'd chatted and packed it was 11.45. That was obviously time for the D's mid morning snack, I then needed the loo and after that we left.

0.5kms down the road and I had a puncture. Changed it. Set off. Five minutes later my tyre blew, am guessing I overfilled it. Changed that, set off. Ten minutes later chain pops off. Well, that was the three and it was only 1pm. Managed to squeeze in 40kms between Caherdaniel and Kenmare. Arrived at 5pm (one hour stop for lunch).

The scenery is just beautiful. Really I keep wanting to stop to get in the water and swim (bit cold, mind) and there is something exilhilarating about peddling yourself round. Went to a town called Sneem, a pretty little place with a selection of colourful houses and a lot of tourist coaches. 


And this place - to D's amusement.

Visited a tiny geology museum with a mini lady who talked about rocks. Purple Irish sandstone is beautiful.

Then on to Kenmare and the slightly overcrowded campsite..
Literally just us.

Went to pub, had sausage and mash and beer...

Then back home. To bed. At 9.30 on a Saturday - it's all part of the rock n roll lifestyle dontcha know.

No comments:

Post a Comment