Thursday 8 August 2013

There's a guy works down the chip shop, swears he's Elvis.


Random things:

El Perro

This little dog. Twice Tilcea and I have been on a long (three hour) walk/chat and this dog has appeared from nowhere and accompanied us the whole way. When other dogs bark at him he walks right next to us. He frequently almost gets run over - which is not amusing - but I like his style.

Viktor Aoki, on the subject of also being accompanied by the self-same dog whilst with his lovely wife, Maryam. The dog got distracted by a bag of rubbish.  'So I said to my wife, so I said to her, you`re an attractive woman darling, but not as attractive as that garbage.`

My `doppelganger`. There`s an American lady here who swears I am her doppelganger. She has insisted on taking photographs of us together to send to family and friends and keeps dragging me in front of unsuspecting unfortunates and pointing out the amazing similarities. The puzzled looks on their faces says a lot. She has red hair for a start and her eyes are blue, her nose is different also and she is much skinnier than I am. Apart from that you couldn`t tell us apart....

This tree. I thought this tree was beautiful.

Topics of news currently headlining in Panama -They aren´t funny, but the irony of the similarity between here and home is not wasted on me:

- The price of petrol rises
- Teachers strike over work and conditions
- Politicians prepare for next year´s election
- Artisans speak out against mass ´fakes´ imported from China - led by the wonderfully named Glenys De Montecito (with that name I´d vote for her to be president)
- 21 people die in their homes during the last twelve months from scorpion bites....ok, ok, so that´s not exactly a headline at home. Not sure when I last heard of someone being gored to death by a vole but you never know...

Americans Chris and Nick (fom school), asking me: ´Do you British really say pip, pip, cheerio?´ I told them yes, so if you´re British and you ever meet anyone from Colorado please be sure to reinforce this stereotype. Thank you.

My Ecclesiastical Accident.
This is what happens when your Spanish is atrocious:
Tilcea says: Would you like to go to church today?
I respond: No thank you.
She says: Get in the car
Twenty minutes later I am in church.

Health and Safety a la Panamanian style...
Certainly not amusing, I defy anyone to get down this ramp in a wheelchair safely (I´d like to see the builder/architect try) and even if they did manage it they´d have concussion (at least) from the bloody big concrete wall placed right at the bottom which I couldn´t get in the picture. If you actually did manage to get down the ramp (clearly labelled as an access arrangement) you´d have to manage the three more stairs at the bottom.

Not healthy and not safe.

My breakfasts...here is the first and second course. I am loving these huge breakfasts, which are keeping me full for most of the day. Today´s deliciousness. Creama de maize (corn porridge) with milk, homegrown coffee, pineapple, water, bread, ham, cheese, tortilla.

It´s ok folks, the milk´s low fat...

And finally...someone in Russia is reading this blog :-) and someone in Serbia and quite a few people in Switzerland and an Italian... I feel as if I am on the Eurovision..  Добрый вечер Россия

No comments:

Post a Comment