Tuesday 23 July 2013

Los Americanos.

Went to the market this morning. Its the local market, made up of itinerant store holders who make their own wares and flog em.

Spoke to:
- a woman who makes her own clothes - American
- a man who makes his own bowls - American
- a couple who make their own wine from tomatoes and oranges (all too acidic-eugh) - American
- a woman who makes her own jewellery - Panamanian but lived in America for years

Panama (or Boquete at least) is to the Americans what the Dordogne is to the British. Somewhere warm to settle where you can hang out with other English speaking people and if you really can´t be bothered you don´t have to hable la lingua.

No me gusta!

Its not that I have anything against Americans, you understand, no. Its that I have something against everyone from the English speaking world. I don´t want to meet them. I quite like the struggle of being dropped in the deep end and having to cope lingustically. I like having to learn, it makes it more fun somehow. If something is easy it just aint as satisfying.

There - rant over.

In other news the Royal baby is apparently here but the Royle (ie my family) baby isn´t and is due TODAY. So thinking of you Sophie, with your bump. ´

More excitingly I saw something amazing in the garden today but the American rant took over so I´ll be writing about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment