Friday 17 June 2011

What's in a name?

Went to the cinema last night to see the TT (motorbike race) film 'Closer to the (h)Edge'. Have to say, I don't think I could quite beat them on the speed front. Though bike gives its all, its never going to top 200mph. It was a mad film, good though. In honesty I thought it'd be all about bikes, engines and mph - it wasn't. The human interest stuff was well intertwined with monologues from the hilariously honest Guy Martin, "I hate the word unbelieveable. I mean, what is unbelieveable? I mean, if I saw a bloke eating his own head I'd say, 'now that's unbelieveable'..." 

Watch the trailer... click here... go on!

Woke up this am to more rain. The heavy stuff. Being a fair-weather cyclist I wasn't about to go out in it so Sparky-Bro and I went off in the van, to the bike shop - next best thing?

On the way I took photographs to illustrate blog and demonstrate conditions...

View through windscreen, left.


View through windscreen, right.

View through windscreen, centre.

Got to the bike shop, Bike Style, where I managed to look a div by calling the owner Gary, Simon. I mean, it wasn't as if his real name 'Gary Burgers' wasn't memorable. Ok, ok so Gary Burgers is not his real name. Made me feel at home though, it's kind of a Welsh thing to have a post-name tag. John Cae Groes (denotes where he lives); Mick the meat (he's a butcher); Dai the leg (limps); Wayne Pig (I'll leave you to figure that one out, think worst case scenario).

Luckily Burgers (?) had already tweaked temperamental gears AND tightened head set on bike before I insulted him so all good. While that was being done I tried on some shorts with a -get this - detachable lycra padded inner pant bit, HA! I liked them so purchased I them.

Wet road.
 Then we were off to collect Super Sis from the airport. On the way I got me camera out.

Dave the Bike ?
Meanwhile, we 'spotted' roads where the TT took place, roads and had seen in last night's film.

Bit of the TT section wooooooo.


This man was not an entrant in the TT.

Then it was back home for curry and another film. Life on the edge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment