Wednesday 15 June 2011

TAKE THAT....but no party...

Hola!

Here is the next paltry offering into cyber space. I'm kind of out of the habit now and getting back on track feels difficult. It isn't quite like riding a bicycle. Which, incidentally, I did today (13.06.11). Oooh, that was tough. I haven't been for more than a couple of miles in over a week. Did a little turn around the block and felt worse than when I did 54 miles in one day (did I mention I'd once done 54 miles in a day? Did I?).

Anyway, highlights of the week, in headline form:
1. PI post-training party promotes pinot noir p-up
2. Take That thugs thwack tall type
3. Old friends indulge in New Tricks
4. Kids party shocker!

In detail:

1. Enjoyed the training last weekend. Met up with all the people who are running the other schools over the summer. Saw some great old mates, made some smiley new acquaintances. All good.

2. Seeing Take That was an experience: Went to see them on a night of rain. Rain, rain, rain, it poured down. Luckily Super Sis and I were blessed in that every time we left a building and headed out into the open air the rain ceased momentarily. That was until we got to the stadium, then the heavens opened. The first four songs were by a Take That free Robbie. They were from their new stuff and, truth be told, I got a bit bored. By the time Robbie strutted on by himself belting out 'Let me entertain you' I was thinking, 'yes please'. ....Yes, I know, how could I?

It got a bit better until my eagle eye spotted a gap in the crowd. A gap that hadn't been there before and which looked, suspiciously, like it had been caused by a fight. That's because it had. As I watched - experience drew me to watch the fight instead of the show - a man moved away from the gap and pushed forward towards the stage, glancing back and removing his coat. 'Shifty' I thought to myself. To cut a very long story short. I went to see the steward, pointed out the culprit and his mates, spoke to the police, located the pool of blood on the floor (with the help of Super Sis's energetic pointing from the stands) and missed most of the show.

3. Have spent a fab couple of days with my friend and super-hub where we have eaten, drank, played with the kids and watched many episodes of New Tricks. Yeah.....

4. Had a pizza party with my sister's kids. No real shocker, just a lorra lorra fun...
Heading off to the Isla Man this Tuesday or 'The Truman Show', as Super Sis calls it...

No comments:

Post a Comment