Thursday 19 May 2011

Good news, bad news, good news....

Bad news: It rained most of the morning.
Good news: It held off long enough for me to reach the school where I'll be working so that my new hair do remained virtually intact.

Bad news: The school I'll be working in over the summer is very very isolated.
Good news: The kids can't escape but I can because I'll have my bike!

Bad news: I'm absolutely pooped, can barely stand and have an irresistable urge to sleep for a very long time.
Good news: I've cycled 36 miles today, which feels very far! Plenty of it was hilly.

Bad news: I'm heading to Cornwall tmw for the weekend (by train), I'll miss my bike.
Good news: I'm heading to Cornwall tmw for the weekend (by train), I won't need to use my bike!


Bad news: Every muscle aches today.
Good news: That must mean I'm getting fit!


As I was going to visit the school this morning I decided not to wear my padded gear, wanted to retain some semblance of normality when I arrived and guess what...! I don't need it. I was as comfy today without it as I normally am with. I have developed such a tolerance that I can laugh in the face of padding. Ha! ... Bwa! ... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

SIX HOURS LATER... ........OH MY GOODNESS!

I wrote the above when I first arrived in Bristol. HOW FOOLISH WAS I? Arrived at the house of choc-bun's sister, where I'm staying for the night. 'Laugh in the face of padding'? Who am I kidding? She has wooden chairs in her kitchen...I couldn't get comfortable and kept having to stand up. I forgot - whilst I was laughing in the face of padding - that I'd taken a couple of painkillers for my knee. Obviously, they did their job very well masking all types of pain. Ow ow owwww.


Heading down to Cornwall for a couple of days so no cycling and maybe no blogging, though it has become a vaguely compulsive habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment